December 31, 2010

A Little Sequins Can Go A Long Way…

I once bought a top from a store that sold sequins by the pound. Yes you heard me right… SEQUINS by the pound. I don’t why but despite that it was totally ridiculous I had to have it and I know ONE day I will have the chance to wear it. Recently I bought a beautiful Alice & Olivia silver sequin cardigan/jacket. I’m totally in love with it even though the last time I wore it my boyfriend told me in the sweetest way possible that it was a little too Michael Jacksonish… Looking at my wardrobe you could say that I have a thing for sequins. They just make me happy and despite what my hair or make up looks like I'm a little bit brighter with some bling on. However, I have also come to realize that a LITTLE sequins can go a long way…

For those of us last minute New Year’s Eve shoppers it’s natural to want to bring in the New Year with something shiny and bright! The stores are merchandised and ready to sell those NYE outfits with the sequins front and forward but be careful to not over do. You want to use the shine to look classy and avoid cheap. How? Here are some tips to avoid looking like a disco ball at your NYE party…

1. Found an all sequin piece? If you have found something that you’ve fallen in love with (believe me I know how you feel…) whether it be an all sequin dress or top, make sure the rest of your outfit is basic. Pair a sequin top with a great pair of dark wash jeans and heels. I was incredibly inspired by a Glamour magazine photo of a women in sequin leggings so this NYE I will pair my black sequin leggings with a long grey cotton cashmere sweater and some basic black heels.

2. Careful with COLOR!!! A bright fuchsia all sequin dress can tend to read cheap. Be cautious when it comes to sequin in colors. Go for darker colors and black and if you are set on the bright pink then do your best to minimize the shine.

3. Let the sequins do the work! Set on some sequins? Choose a piece where the sequins compliment your favorite part of your body by adding just a touch a shine. Love your waist? Go for the skirt with the sequin top section. You can also make the outfit delicate and lady like by buying that black dress with just a touch of sequin design on the shoulders.

NYE is TONIGHT so for all of you last minute shoppers here are some of my favorite looks out there with just the right amount of shine for under $100. Happy New Years Shoppers!










From one fashion enthusiast to another don’t forget everyday is a new adventure—Dress like it!

DISCLAIMER: agirl2shop4u does not claim credit for any images featured on this site (unless otherwise noted). All photos are used for comment only. No photos are used for commercial use.

No comments:

Post a Comment